It is a dream for many students in India to study abroad. Amongst all the different nations that provide international students with education opportunities, Australia is probably one of the most popular names. And why shouldn’t it be? After all, Australia packs in quite a lot when it comes to diversity, culture, education, food, travel, and so much more. The curriculum and courses might be tough there but with sites like TutorHelp.Club, students can get the help and guidance that they require to complete their assignments. So, there is no doubt that students who wish to study abroad are going to consider Australia as an option for sure.
Learn More about the Maitri Scholarship Program in Australia
Pretty recently, an announcement made by Australian Foreign Minister, Marise Payne, regarding the fate of Indian students in Australia has ensured that the nation gets ranked even higher for being the preferred choice of a location for abroad studies. According to the announcement, the Maitri Scholars Program is being introduced in Australia. This is extremely good news for students who want to pursue their academics in Australia without any hindrance.
The Government of Australia has made the announcement of the Maitri Scholarship Program and it will benefit more than 45 Indian students who have the dream to study abroad in Australia. In this post, we shall discuss the important details that students need to know about this scholarship program. This post covers all the aspects of the Maitri Scholars Program in Australia such as eligibility, the process of application, benefits, objectives, and other details. So read on till the end to get all the details.
An Introduction to the Maitri Scholars Program for Indian Students in Australia
There is no doubt that a number of students want to pursue their higher education at different Australian universities. Well, studying in Australia, while very enticing, can be pretty expensive for some students. Scholarships and other financial help from universities do heal the burning hole in the pockets of students, but these aren’t that much help. However, in order to extend support for the students from India, the Maitri Scholars Program has been introduced in Australia quite recently.
Under this scholars program, Indian students will receive proper financial assistance to cover different educational fees as well as living expenses in Australia. This rare opportunity will be offered to only a selected number of deserving students that meet all the eligibility requirements after they submit their applications.
Important Highlights of the Maitri Scholars Program in Australia
- Name of the Program: Maitri Scholars Program for Indian Students in Australia
- Announced By: Marise Payne, Australian Foreign Minister
- Launched by: The Government of Australia
- Launched for: Students from India who are studying in Australian colleges and Universities.
- Number of scholarships: 45
- Benefits: Financial assistance to meet educational and living expenses in Australia
- Mode of application: Online
What Are the Objectives of the Maitri Scholars Program?
Following are the main objectives of the Maitri Scholars Program:
- Providing assistance to students from India who are struggling to keep up with their expenses of living and studying in Australia.
- Helping to strengthen the cooperation and ties between India and Australia in the long run.
- Promotion of the Australian system of education & culture amongst students from India.
- Providing monetary benefits to deserving students.
- Offering the students a chance to manage their expenses and focus on their studies to shine in their careers.
- Promoting deserving and talented students by rewarding them with cash benefits.
Eligibility Criteria For Australian Maitri Scholarship
Not all the students from India will be awarded monetary benefits from the Maitri program. In order to reap the benefit of the $11 million scholarship rewards, students have to fulfill the eligibility criteria first. Following are some of the eligibility criteria that the candidates have to fulfill:
- The applicant has to be a citizen of India.
- The applicant should be pursuing graduation or a post-graduation degree from any recognized university or college in Australia.
- The applicant should possess their passing certificate from the 12th standard and that too with stellar academic records.
Documents Required for Submission of Maitri Application
- Indian passport of the applicant
- Passing certificate and mark sheet for 12th or Graduation (if completed)
- Passing certificate and mark sheet for 10th
- Passport-size photographs of the candidate
- Scanned signatures
- Working and registered email address
- Mobile number
- Other important documents as required by the university or college in Australia
Application Procedure for Australian Maitri Scholarship for Indian Students 2022
Since the scholarship program has just been announced by the Government of Australia, there aren’t many updates related to the process of submitting the application. However, one thing is for sure the students have to submit their applications online. In order to do that, some important steps have been mentioned below. It is recommended that the students follow these steps to ensure that the application is submitted accordingly and without any mistakes.
- Go to the official website in order to properly submit the application form for the Maitri Scholars Program.
- Choose the scholarship program that you think would suit your requirements.
- Select the link for filling out the application form and it will open up on the screen.
- Make sure to fill in the application with all the correct details. Read the instructions carefully before submitting the application.
- Upload all the documents as demanded and in the format that is prescribed.
- Before submitting the application, review the details first.
- Submit your application and make sure to keep one copy of it with you.
The Maitri Scholars Program in Australia is aimed at assisting students with their living and studying expenses in Australia. It is definitely one of the most fruitful steps taken by the Australian government for the betterment of the education system in the country.