Getting a good job is one of the primary goals of students pursuing tertiary education. However, the competition in the job market is becoming increasingly fierce, and employers are now looking for graduates with not only the right qualifications but also the right skills and attitude.
One way to make sure you have what it takes to impress potential employers is to upskill yourself with relevant knowledge and expertise that can give you an edge over your competitors. And what better way to do this than by utilising online learning resources?
But first, you need to know what makes you employable. Here are some key factors:
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Technology friendliness
- A positive attitude
Once you know what employers are looking for, you can start looking for online learning resources that can help you develop these skills. Here are some of our favourites:
Coursera is a leading online education platform that offers courses from top universities and colleges around the world. With over 3,000 courses available, you can be sure to find one that is relevant to your field of interest.
Some of the top courses on Coursera that can boost your employability are:
- Programming for Everyone (University of Michigan)
- An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Rice University)
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms (Stanford University)
- Machine Learning (Stanford University)
- Effective Communication: Writing, Design, and Presentation (University of Colorado Boulder)
- Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups (University of Colorado Boulder)
- Project Initiation: Starting a Successful Project (Google)
One advantage of enrolling in a course at Coursera is that you get to interact with students from all over the world, which can help develop your global perspective and cultural understanding – another key skill that employers are looking for.
edX is a non-profit online learning platform that offers courses from top universities and institutions. You can be sure to find high-quality courses on a wide range of topics, making it a great resource for upskilling yourself.
Some of the top courses on edX that can help you boost your employability are:
- Introduction to Public Speaking (Harvard University)
- Leadership and Management Fundamentals (HEC Paris)
- Writing Effective Emails (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Project Management Essentials (The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
- Marketing Analytics (Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania)
The edX differs from Coursera in that it offers MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) which are generally more comprehensive and provide an in-depth learning experience.
Udemy is a popular online learning platform that offers courses on a wide variety of topics, including business, technology, design, and personal development. With over 55,000 courses available, you’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
Some of the top courses on Udemy that can help you boost your employability are:
- The Complete Digital Marketing Course
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Prep course
- Become a Product Manager | Learn the Skills & Get the Job
- How to Write a Resume that Gets You Hired
- The Complete Financial Analyst Course 2020
Udemy is a great platform for those who are looking for a more self-paced learning experience, as most courses are designed to be completed at your own pace. The courses here are exclusive to the platform and are also generally more affordable than those offered on other platforms. They are designed and created by expert instructors, so you can be sure that you’re getting high-quality content.
Skillshare is a great platform for those looking to learn new skills for their career. With over 20,000 courses available, you can find ones that are relevant to your field and start learning immediately. One reason why Skillshare is on our list is that the courses they have on offer are designed to be concise and to the point, so you can get the most out of them without having to commit a lot of time.
Some of Skillshare’s top courses for employability are:
- Design Thinking for Business Innovation
- Productivity Hacks for Busy Professionals
- Creative Problem-Solving for Career Growth
- How to Write a Standout Professional Bio
The Skillshare platform is unique in that it offers a subscription-based model, where you can sign up for a monthly or annual plan and have access to all of their courses. This makes it more affordable than other platforms if you plan on taking multiple courses.
5. LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning is a great platform for professionals looking to improve their skills. Some of the most popular courses on LinkedIn are on topics such as marketing, sales, and business.
You can choose which courses you need to take to improve your employability depending on your field of interest. Courses on programming, web development, and design are always in demand, so these would be a good place to start.
Some of the best courses on LinkedIn that can multiply your employability in a short time are:
- How to Use LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Profile Optimization for Job Seekers
- Marketing on LinkedIn
- Advanced Business Writing
- The Complete Sales Prospecting Course
LinkedIn Learning is a great platform for professionals who want to improve their skills and learn new things. The courses here are designed by experts and cover a wide range of topics, making it a great resource for those looking to boost their employability.
With over 13,000 courses available on LinkedIn Learning, you can always find ones that are relevant to your career and start learning immediately.
upGrad is an online learning platform that offers courses in a variety of fields, including business, technology, and design. upGrad courses are designed to be comprehensive and provide an in-depth learning experience.
The courses on upGrad are created by industry experts and are updated regularly to ensure that they are relevant to the current market trends. upGrad also offers a range of certification programs that can help you boost your employability.
Some of the top courses on upGrad that can help you boost your employability are:
- MBA in Entrepreneurship (University of London)
- Digital Marketing (Berlin School of Creative Leadership)
- Data Science (Johns Hopkins University)
- Product Management (UC Berkeley Extension)
- Master’s in Data Science (upGrad)
- Full Stack Development Program (upGrad)
upGrad is a great platform for those who are looking for a more comprehensive and in-depth learning experience. The courses here are designed by experts and are updated regularly to ensure that they are relevant to the current market trends.
7. Google Digital Garage
Google Digital Garage is a free online learning platform that offers courses on a variety of topics, including digital marketing, web development, and data analytics.
The courses on Google Digital Garage are designed to be concise and to the point, so you can get the most out of them without having to commit a lot of time.
Some of the top courses on Google Digital Garage that can help you boost your employability are:
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Google Analytics for Beginners
- Web Development Fundamentals
- Data Analysis for Beginners
The Google Digital Garage platform is unique in that it offers a wide range of courses that are designed to be concise and to the point. This makes it a great resource for those who want to improve their employability without having to commit a lot of time.
With so many online learning resources available, there is no excuse not to upskill yourself and boost your employability. So what are you waiting for? Start learning today!
0 responses on "Boost Your Employability With These Online Learning Resources"