The admissions in the US universities for 2022-2023 are going on. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most schools and colleges in the US, such as the University of Illinois, Chicago; University of Kansas; and University of Dayton, Ohio, have extended their application submission and processing deadlines. Universities are also offering scholarships in the US as well as financial aid programs to mitigate the financial crisis students are facing due to the pandemic.
Right now, many US universities, schools, and colleges are offering hybrid courses or virtual courses with limited in-person classes to allow students to study from wherever they are. Through these initiatives, they hope to encourage international student enrollment as well as support as many students as possible. If you want to apply to US universities, here are the application deadlines of some of the most popular universities for you.
Three Periods of Admission Intakes in the US
Students can seek admission in the US universities during:
- Spring Intake: Application deadlines for the Spring semester usually fall in February 2022. This semester starts in January and ends in April.
- Summer Intake: Application deadlines for the Summer semester usually fall in March 2022. This semester starts in May and ends in August.
- Fall intake: Application deadlines for the Fall semester usually fall anywhere between November 2021 to July 2022. This semester starts in September and ends in December.
Not all universities offer these intakes though. So, you have to check the institution in which you seek admission for the exact application deadline. Besides these three intake seasons, international students who seek admissions in the US can also apply for:
- Early Decision admission deadlines: If you opt for an Early Decision (ED) admission, you will have to apply a few months earlier than regular admissions. Thus, it has a higher acceptance rate. You generally receive your results by mid-December.
However, if you are granted admission on an ED application, it is binding. It means that if you get accepted, you can’t back out and have to enroll in the program.
- Regular Decision application deadlines: Regular Decision admission deadlines usually fall between January to March of the year of admission. The results are released by mid-April.
If you want to explore more what subjects you want to pursue or plan on retaking then ACT or SAT for a higher score and increase your chances of getting accepted and becoming eligible for scholarships and financial aid programs, this might be the ideal option for you.
- Rolling Basis admissions: Some US colleges and universities do not specify any application deadlines. They may have priority dates though. The applications are evaluated in the order they are received by the institution until all the seats for the specific program are filled.
While rolling admissions allow students to apply to colleges and universities at the last minute, they can get pretty competitive if you apply late. If you apply early on the rolling basis, you are not bound to join the college if you get accepted. On the other hand, if you apply late, you may hear late or the available spots may get filled up and you lose the opportunity of being accepted into the program.
Application Deadlines for Popular US Universities in 2022-2023
|University||Level||Summer 2022||Fall 2022||Spring 2023|
|Adelphi University||Bachelors and Masters||15th April, 2022||1st March, 2022||1st Nov, 2022|
|Auburn University||Bachelors and Masters||1st Feb, 2022||1st Feb, 2022||1st Nov, 2022|
|University of Dayton||Bachelors and Masters||20th April, 2022||15th July, 2022||12th Dec, 2022|
|University of Illinois, Chicago||Bachelors||–||1st Feb, 2022||–|
|Masters||–||1st April, 2022||–|
|University of Kansas||Bachelors and Masters||1st April, 2022||1st May, 2022||15th Nov, 2022|
|University of Utah||Bachelors and Masters||1st April, 2022||1st June, 2022||1st Nov, 2022|
|University of Massachusetts, Boston||Bachelors||–||1st July, 2022||1st Dec, 2022|
|Masters||–||Graduate Direct Entry, admissions vary||1st Dec, 2022|
|Oregon State University||Bachelors||20th June, 2022||1st Feb, 2022||28th Feb, 2022|
|Masters||1st Jan, 2022||1st April, 2022||1st Oct, 2022|
|Suffolk University, Boston||Bachelors||–||15th Aug, 2022||1st Dec, 2022|
|Masters||1st April, 2022||15th July, 2022||1st Dec, 2022|
|University of South Florida||Bachelors||–||1st April, 2022||15th Nov, 2022|
|Masters||15th Feb, 2022 (Applicable only to some programs)||1st June, 2022||15th Oct, 2022|
Note: Exact dates vary from program to program.
How can Transtutors help you with getting admission to US universities?
Transtutors provides online tutoring services for students in areas like MBA, CA, CS, Engineering (civil, electrical, electronics and computer), MCA (computer applications). Transtutors also provide IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, SAT, GRE, and GMAT experts. We have seasoned experts who mentor students planning to pursue their higher studies from top universities in the US like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and other prestigious institutions in the United States.
They can help you with writing admission essays, admissions exams, and applications. They can help you with submitting a high-quality application so that you may get admitted to the best US universities. We have a pool of experienced mentors who understand universities’ expectations from applicants.
Contact us to know more.